Thursday, May 1, 2008

continuation.....






When I arrived in Virginia, it was 'jacket only' weather which was a big plus for me. Utah was about 10 degrees at that time and if you know me, you know I HATE cold weather, and I hate being cold. My sister Amy and little nephew Cyrus picked me up from the airport and we headed to the best grocery store on earth: TRADER JOE'S. While there, Amy insisted on purchasing Oreo cookies with peppermint filling. Being the great sister I am, I encouraged her to "put the cookies down, step away from the cookies"....I think I just received an eye roll and hearty HA! Next stop was to pick up the other two hooligans...uh, I mean nephews.... at a neighbors home, where we found Henry in a world of hurt due his excessive dragging of the feet and outward screams. I think Amy even put MY trip on the line by saying to the young child, ' stop screaming now or I will take aunt nissy right back to the airport'. Shortly after the comment, I began screaming and dragging my feet saying, 'I will be good, don't send me back to Utah!!!' Christian was there as well, but fully clothed as BATMAN and insisted Christian wasn't there, that he was batman and Christian was busy. Good thing I didn't ask for "Bruise" Wayne....The rest of the weekend was filled with laugher, crying, mostly on the part of Henry who found himself in his room most of my trip, watching batman, meeting "bruise wayne", putting puzzles together and seeing a couple really cool museums. I am so glad I was welcomed with open arms in Virginia and hope to visit again soon.

No comments: